“Two hours and thirty minutes like that was hell. The car was shaking, it was very hot inside and 3 people vomited.”

  • Date and time: October 24, 2021 06:00
  • Location: In a jungle close to 23 road
  • Coordinates: 45.391326890794, 15.404726360532
  • Pushback from: Croatia
  • Pushback to: Bosnia
  • Demographics: 15 people person(s), age: 19-35 , from: Pakistan
  • Minors involved? No
  • Violence used: exposure to air condition and extreme temperature during car ride, theft of personal belongings, reckless driving, dog's releasing
  • Police involved: 4 Specijalna Policja, 2 Granicna Policija, 4 Interventna Policija with masks and one police van
  • Taken to a police station?: no
  • Treatment at police station or other place of detention:
  • Was the intention to ask for asylum expressed?: Yes
  • Reported by: Anonymous

Original Report

On the 24th of October, a group of 15 people from Pakistan was pushed back from Croatia, after spending many days in the jungles.

The respondent claims that he and his group left Lipa camp on the 18th of October and they begin their walking game at 6 p.m. That night they all slept in a jungle in Bihać and then started to walk again in the morning.

They crossed the borders through the mountains and got to Croatia; the respondent says they were all very tired from the hiking and the time spent in the jungle.

After 6 days, on the 24th of October at 6 in the morning, 4 policemen arrived; the respondent claims there were 4 policemen with a green uniform (Specijalna Policija) and they were “good” with everyone. However, the special police delivered the 15 people to 2 policemen belonging to Granicna Policija. Those 2 policemen put everyone in a prisoner transport van.

“We asked for asylum in Croatia and the police said we will take you to Slovenia to ask asylum. But they brought us back. The car was shaking very much and it was very very hot inside; three people vomited. Two hours and thirty minutes like that was hell.”


The respondent said the group was driven for 2 hours and a half and they arrived back to Bihać; at that moment they were given to other 4 policemen belonging to Interventna Policija.

“The police was very bad, they checked in our shoes if we had something. They stole phones and power bank. They released the dog and we ran so fast. It didn’t do anything to us but it was really scary.”

The respondent remembers that it was a big german Sheppard, and he claims the policemen were wearing a black uniform and masks. After having been deported, the respondent and the other 14 people walked back to Lipa camp where they arrived the following day.